Student Support Center
Students and families who would like free supportive assistance, for personal, home, or school-related issues, are welcome to call or drop by the Student Support Center (located in Room F-1). The Center is open during the school year.
Services are confidential(except in those situations when a student’s safety is at risk), and are available in multiple languages (English, Spanish, Ukrainian, and Russian).
For More Information:
Contact - Mary Struhs,MSW, Coordinator – (916) 826-3223 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Tyulyu, MSW, School Social Worker – (916) 826-2511 or email@example.com
To support students’ academic success and social/emotional well-being.
- Mental health counseling (short-term individual)
- Support groups (art therapy-based bereavement, LGBTQ, and stress management)
- One-on-one mentoring (academic and personal growth)
- Crisis intervention and safety risk assessment
- Referrals to school and community resources (including food, shelter, housing, employment, public assistance, health insurance, etc.)
- Free school supplies and backpacks
- Home visits
- Bullying, violence, and suicide prevention education activities
- Assistance with 504 Plans for students with a mental and/or physical impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities. 504 Plans provide accommodations and/or related services to ensure equal access to education