The school nurse supports students well-being so they are healthy, safe, and ready to learn.
Abby Serin, BSN, RN
Health office is open 8:15-2:45 pm
Hiram Johnson High School – Room F1
916-395-5070 extension 505124
Parents, contact the school nurse if:
- teachers and staff need to know how to help your child in case of a health emergency related to a condition they have – for conditions such as seizures, diabetes, severe asthma, allergy, etc.
- your child needs assistance or accommodations at school for a health problem that limits their ability to participate fully in the school program such as diabetes, severe migraine, GI problems, allergies, etc.
- your child needs to take medication during the school day
- your child will be absent for a long period of time due to surgery, illness or other health issue.
Students, see the school nurse if:
- you are feeling sick.
- you are injured.
- you have a health issue that is making it hard to be in school.
- you need to bring or take medication at school.
- you need glasses.
- you have questions about your health or body.
- you have questions about STI’s or birth control.
- you need help getting healthcare or a doctor.